Zuke’s Voluntarily Removing Products Due To A Quality Issue
On April 30, 2021, Zuke’s issued the following online letter to remove one of their products from retail shelves and inventories.
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals
While they have stated this was a voluntary removal of item not caused by safety health issues, but rather it didnt’ pass quality checks. To me, a pet owner, this is still just as bad as products that did not pass quality checks reaching retail with potential unknown dangers.
What is Being Recalled?
- Zukes Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 013423330517 & 013423330210
- Zukes Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, Sample Size (0.5 oz)
SKU Number No SKU associated with sample size
- Zukes Mini Naturals Peanut Butter & Oats Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz
SKU Number 013423330524 & 013423330227
- Zukes Mini Naturals Duck Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 613423330533 & 613423330236
- Zukes Mini Naturals Salmon Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 013423330548 & 013423330241
- Zukes Mini Naturals Pork Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 613423330557 & 613423330250
- Zukes Mini Naturals Rabbit Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 613423330564 & 613423330267
- Zukes Mini Naturals Beef Recipe, 6 oz. & 16 oz.
SKU Number 613423330588 & 613423330601
According to the email notice from Petful, the withdrawal of their products was an proactive step to ensure pet owners have the best experience with Zuke’s products.
While in the letter sent by Zuke’s, they outlined instructions for retailors for a disposition response.
My advice for all fellow pet users are, be safe, if you purchased one of the Zuke’s products, please return it to your local retailor for a full refund.
Fayie will keep you updated through our Complete List of Recall Pet Food
Otherwise, please follow FDA’s site for the official source of Pet Outbreaks information.